Sunday, March 20, 2016

Day 20

I usually shy away from discussing exercise and my eating habits online, mostly because Everyone Has An Opinion.  However, today that mindset changes slightly.

You may have noticed the Health and Fitness tab above, along with all the gaming and hobby tabs.  I created this blog to cover various topics, and how I take care of my pathetic meatshell is one of those topics.  Probably the most important, at least until my robot body is ready for my brain to be uploaded into it.



Don't look at me like that, I'm not the only one who thinks it ^.^

For the last 20 days, I have been eating super clean. I won't throw out the term for my eating plan, since that dreaded word tends to cause um, conversations, which sometimes turn into arguments, and it's not the point of this post for me to say I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.  I just wanted to take the time and sit and talk about what I'm doing to make my self feel and work better.

Just a disclaimer before I begin -I'm not writing this to try to turn everyone over to the dark side, so to speak.  I'm not in any way, shape or form shaming what people eat, or trying to make people feel guilty. I hate it when people do that to me, so it is in no way my intention to do that here.

So what am I eating? Meat, veggies, fruit, nuts.  Nothing processed, no sugar, no bread, no dairy, no booze.  It's tough (that last one especially, I miss wiiiiine), it's strict, but I enjoy the self-discipline that comes from it, I'm still getting all of my required nutrients and everything, if anything I'm getting way more than from how I used to eat.  I'm enjoying cooking again, I'm having fun filling up my cart at the grocery store with healthy, good food, and I'm also finding that I'm no longer craving empty carbs or super processed foods.  Sure, a slice of cake looks amazing, but I can also have a giant bowl of fruit and melons and be just as happy and get that sugar 'fix'.

I have a great support team in the form of a few friends, and my mother is actually doing the same meal plan as I am.  I really really don't like to call it a diet, because I'm not cutting or counting calories, weighing or measuring my food.  I feel so much better now than I did on day 1 of this.  My clothes fit a little looser (which is always good), I feel like I have more energy, and my depression and anxiety seem a little less severe than they did almost a month ago.  At the beginning of next month, I'll start slowly incorporating all the NO foods back into my diet, but I'll see how I feel after I shove each one in my face hole.

I haven't really been working out at all during these last few weeks, mostly because I wanted to focus on the food I was putting in my mouth first, and then once I get that down I will focus on working out again.  Once the weather gets warmer, I'll probably start my Couch to 5k (C25K) again, which I'll most likely be doing updates on here for.

All and all, I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, I'm very happy with my 'support group' who deal with my random out bursts of 'WHY ARE THERE DONUTS AT WORK ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL ME AAAAAAAAAAAARGH' and talk me off my metaphorical ledge.  Emergency raisin stashes are crucial!  I'm very happy with the results, both physical and mental, and I'm excited to see what happens after the 30 days are up, if I stick with it, what happens when I reintroduce those foods I've been not allowing myself to eat, and how hard I fall off the wagon and start devouring chocolate ;)

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment