Saturday, April 9, 2016

State of the Game

I've been keeping a personal diary of late.  I don't write in it every day, and not every entry is the same.  Sometimes I just rant on and on, sometimes it's just simply me jotting down what happened that day, or what I need to remember to do for the week, etc.  I've decided I'm going to do something similar with the blog, albeit try to be more consistent with the entries.  Therefore, I introduce State of [the Game].  This will be a space where I kind of make a memorandum, if you will, of what I've been doing in whichever game, and also what's on my to-do list.  Those that are familiar with my last blog, and those familiar with me in general, know that Lists Help Me Get Things Done.  Or so I pretend.

I'll try to keep each State post consistent with one game, because I have the tendency to jump all over the place in these posts.  Key word is try ;).  

World of Warcraft
This game is my bread and butter.  I've let my sub lapse in the past, but I usually always come back.  Currently with the pre-expansion lull, there's a lot of lulling going on, but my guild has events going still, and I'm actually having a lot of fun leveling alts and finding other things to do to fill my time.  I'm not going to lie, yes a lot of days I just can't find the desire to log in and play, but I find if I try to accomplish something during the time I play, it helps! Currently I'm mostly taking advantage of the pet battle bonus xp weekends, as that's an aspect of the game that I think I'll always enjoy.  Plus, gotta collect 'em all and get those nerd points!  I'm also leveling up a couple alts to help my guild and our sister guild with 'murder the other faction' achievements.  

My main, Byx :D

Guild Wars 2
This is a game that I also really really love playing, but there are Too Many games so sometimes a week goes by and I realize I haven't logged in to play.  The classes are all so different, it's such a gorgeous game, and the game play is really fun and alt-friendly.  Plus the cash shop is dangerous so it's fun seeing how long I can hold out on buying - OMG NEW GLIDER SKIN AAAAAAAA

Yeah.
My only 80 (for now), Katla Byxdottir, a Mesmer
It's a game I haven't fully explored, which is another aspect of it that draws my attention from time to time.  

Other Games

Let's see... What else.. Ah yes, Stardew Valley is one that will suck away a day of your life if you're not careful.  I also have been playing, to a lesser extent: Skyrim, Minecraft, Creativerse, Divinity: Original Sin, and Diablo III.  


I'm hoping this 'new thing' will stick for my blog, and for my writing schedule. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got games to play!


 Also, bringing back the cat gifs at the end of my posts :D

HOORAAAAY





No comments:

Post a Comment